The value proposition is typically understood as a marketing tool. However, the framework represented in my work may be used in a variety of ways, one of which is literary critique. For reflecting on fictional narratives, this involves at least five key steps:
- Study the defining decisions of the story.
- Determine the respective value proposition at the prospect level for each.
- Focus on the difference between value and perceived value, and then the differences in perception.
- Reflect on how this difference indicates the nature of the characters.
- Show how this impacts the outcome of the story.
Decisions are not just means (for motivating action). Decisions are ends (the sum of perceived value differentials).