You can see resources related to this Session #24 video at https://meclabs.com/course/sessions/c…
In Session #24, Flint McGlaughlin conducts a telling analysis of an experiment with two call-to-action treatments. In the process, you’ll learn seven dangers that can hurt your conversion.
Here are some of the most important insights from this class:
• The goal of the CTA is to initiate and complete the exchange of value.
• Beware of allowing the word “free” to signal the meaning “cheap.”
• Strip away vague phrases.
• Emphasize the customer’s gain FIRST.
• Justify difficult asks with powerful (customer-centric) reasons.
You can watch the full video above, or jump ahead to these key takeaways:
• 0:00 Call to Action Dangers: 7 critical mistakes that will hurt your conversion rates.
• 0:27 What text will work best for these buttons?
• 0:45 Which button will produce the highest conversion?
• 2:57 Is FREE a positive word?
• 7:49 CTA dangers checklist.
To get immediate help with your marketing challenges, just contact Flint and his team: F.McGlaughlin@MECLABS.com.
This is session #24 from the online training “Become a Marketer-Philosopher: Create and optimize high-converting webpages” – https://meclabs.com/course/. The course is fully underwritten by MECLABS, with no monetary cost to participants.